Thursday 22 October 2015

About:


In the 70's a western film crew made it to my village of Alghafat. At that time the people in the village had never seen a camera, let alone a European film crew. By today's standards this would be akin to the recent BBC documentary The Incredible Human Journey.

 This is a fascinating video because it documented a way of life that does not exist anymore. The village you see in the video is completely abandoned along with the traditional way of life.


After searching long and hard for the full documentary and failing  it dawned on me that maybe I should start this Blog. This way I could preserve the video and hopefully cross paths with someone who has the full documentary. I am also hoping to get the perspective of the film crew who visited my village and hear their story.  
 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment